Sunday, November 27, 2011

Skiing Is Easy For Figure Skaters

The first time I went skiing, I was twenty years old. I signed up for a set of group lessons at The Broadmoor Ski School.

The instructor showed us a bit about how to maneuver around on skis, and then told us a bit about how to get off and on the ski lift. She told the class to wait for her when we got to the top. I didn't hear those words....

When I got to the top of the mountain, I immediately skied down without any instruction! It was so much fun. All my years of ice skating immediately crossed over into skiing! There was "nothing to it!"



Joel, Rebekah, and Annabelle learned how to ice and roller skate as soon as they could walk, but they also learned how to ski at about the same time. Every weekend, we took a day trip to the mountains to play in the snow and ski.

Our family likes both cross-country skiing and downhill skiing.

Today, we ended our Thanksgiving break with a wonderful day at the Breckenridge Nordic Center. We all "skated" in cross-country skate skis (except Dan who used snowshoes).

The best part was we stayed together and had a lot of fun enjoying the outdoors. When we go downhill skiing, Rebekah and Joel always take off since they ski faster than me and Annabelle and Dan does a snowshoe hike. This was really special today! What a nice way to end the Thanksgiving weekend!

























No comments:

Post a Comment