Thursday, February 16, 2012

We had the best time at the Four Continents Figure Skating Championships!

Living in Colorado Springs makes it possible for us to see the best figure skaters in the world.  Competitions and the best figure skaters in the world come to us.  It's VERY COOL!


During the week of February 7 through February 12, 2012, the Four Continents Figure Skating Championships took place in Colorado Springs!  Since we are members of the Broadmoor Skating Club, we all not only got to see the best figure skaters in the world compete and practice, but we got to take part in the competition!

Rebekah and Joel performed in the Sunday evening Skating Spectacular exhibition.  Annabelle, Joel, and Rebekah took part in the Saturday awards ceremony and I (Jo Ann) volunteered as an ice monitor and I played music during practice sessions.  I also had a media credential which was so cool since I got to interview some of the skaters.

On Friday night, during the men's event, thanks to Tim David, I got to sit right next to the "Kiss and Cry" area.  I may have had the best seat in the arena!  I was sitting right behind Christy Krall and Kathy Johnson as they coached Patrick Chan.  How cool was that!?










































































































No comments:

Post a Comment