Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Reunion With Perry Jewell In Sun Valley! 7-11-17


My dad and I had a great and fun surprise today when we reunioned with Perry Jewell at the outdoor ice rink in Sun Valley!

The Schneider family and Perry go "way, way, way back!"

Perry trained at the Santa Monica rink under Doug Chapman when our family was also with Doug in the late 1960s and early 1970s.

During the summer of 1971, Perry and my brother Billy, roomed together at the Sun Valley Lodge by the rink and Perry told me the story of how Doug made Billy and Perry go to bed early since they were training, but after Perry tried to climb out the window to explore Sun Valley at night, Doug was waiting and caught him and said,"I knew you would try to sneak out!"

Also, Perry took me to the Hollywood Professional School senior prom.

In addition, I reminded Perry of a memory of I had of when we kids at the Santa Monica rink went to the movies together when I was 14 years old. Perry slowly put his arm around me and it caught me off guard. I threw the arm off, but Perry looked at me and said, "Please?" And....of course, then I agreed it was okay for him to put his arm around me.

Anyway, it was awesome to see Perry today in such a magical skating place. He'd in Sun Valley for a week with his skating students.




No comments:

Post a Comment