Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Remembering Jeanne Passarella - 2/4/1926 --- 9/27/2017

Today, 10-24-17, I attended Jeanne Passarella's memorial service.  I just felt I needed to be there.

Jeanne was the Tog Shop Manager of Ice Capades Chalet in Brea, California, the first place I taught skating. On my first day of work at Ice Capades Chalets, on March 1, 1983, the first person who greeted me was Jeanne Passarella.

She had a great impact on my young life. I remember how hard she worked. I taught skating at the Brea mall rink alongside her daughter BJ and mention both of them in my book MY SKATING LIFE.

Hugs to her daughter BJ and the rest of Jeanne's family and friends at this time

These photos are from a wonderful collage that BJ put together and brought to the memorial service. I had no idea that Jeanne competed as an adult. Also, did you know she did roller derby and was president of the Polar Palace Figure Skating Club that was based at a rink in La Habra, California?














No comments:

Post a Comment