Friday, July 7, 2023

Remembering My Very First Ice Dance Partner Cory Isenberg


I just was notified that my very first ice dance skating partner Corey Isenberg suddenly passed away on April 4, 2023.  I’m devastated.  I cried so hard.

This is a photo of the two of us when I was 13 years old.  Corey was 21 and seemed “so old” to me.  

I was so happy since as a singles skater I’d never won a trophy before, but I was good at ice dancing and earned many more medals, not only with Corey, but with my other ice dance partners Gary Forman and Richard Griffin.  Both of them met Corey I recall.

Corey’s voice is the “The next dance will be” voice on social ice dance music CDs and tapes that have been used all over the USA!

Those who know or knew Corey, please pass the news of his death on. We were all part of the coach Howie Harrold’s team of ice dancers.  Howie died after his home made sauna blew up after a lesson he gave to Corey and I on a Friday night at the old La Habra Ice Rink Polar Palace when I was 13.  Corey was devasted and never had the same joy of ice dancing after Howie’s death and left for the Air Force shortly after.

I was left without a partner then, but what is so incredible is that Corey always stayed in touch and credited my wonderful dad for giving him so much.

I’m crying so hard.  It is like a part of me is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment